Weekly individual therapy sessions are approximately 50 minutes. I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to determine whether we are a good fit. Individual therapy costs $140 per session. I have a limited number of appointments available at a reduced fee.
I do not accept any private insurance. As an out-of-network provider I can work with you to determine the best course of treatment and am not beholden to your insurance company’s limitations or required to label you with a diagnosis.
Keep in mind that if you have a very high deductible you might pay a significant amount of money out of pocket before you can use your insurance anywhere. Therapy may also be an eligible expense covered by your HSA or FSA. Please check with your plan’s administrator.
If you have private insurance and want to determine whether you may be covered for an out-of-network therapist, begin by calling the number on the back of your card and asking the following questions:
- Do I have out-of-network coverage for psychotherapy? (They might ask you the medical billing code, which is 90834 for a 45-minute individual therapy session).
- Is a prior authorization needed?
- Is there a deductible? If so, how much of my deductible has already been met?
- Am I limited on how many times I can see my therapist within the year?
- How much will I be reimbursed for?
- What is the process for submitting for reimbursement? What paperwork needs to be completed and where do I send this to?
Once confirmed that you have out-of-network benefits, I can provide a monthly statement which you can submit for reimbursement.